The 2011 TOEFL® scholarship winners from Japan were honored in a ceremony that took place July 19, 2011 and was attended by ETS Global BV Managing Director Dr. Zoubir Yazid.
Meet the 2011 TOEFL scholarship winners from Japan. Each one is an excellent student with tremendous potential both inside and outside of the classroom.
- Iqra Anugrah, Oita (US$4,000)
- Pursuing a masters of arts in political science at Ohio University.
- Extracurricular activities: Involved in student activism, student journalism, and academic conferences, seminars and symposia. Active in a number of student organizations, including the Indonesian Students’ Association in Japan and its affiliated institutions.
- Country of study: The United States because Anugrah believes the U.S. has rigorous academic traditions and a sociopolitical environment which encourages students to be socially concerned and put theories into practice.
- Goal in 5–10 years: Wants to enhance the collegial spirit among social and political scientists in Indonesia and establish theIndonesian Journal of Political Science as one of the most referred journals for social and political science in Indonesia and Southeast Asia. Set up a Non Governmental Organization (NGO) that focuses on grassroots politics and education, to promote citizen participation in the political process.